SDL has stuff just for you
Gotta Keep Readin -YouTube
- Alone Yet Not Alone-Tracy L. Craven. The lives of a family are forever altered during the 1755 Penn's Creek Massacre when two young sisters are carried away by a band of Allegheny warriors. Barbara and Regina hold firmly to the belief that they are never alone, even in their darkest hour, and that they will be reunited again.
- ·Counting By 7s—Holly G. Sloan. Willow is a genius, obsessed with nature and diagnosing medical conditions, who finds it comforting to count by 7s. It has never been easy for her to connect with anyone other than her adoptive parents, but she had led a quietly happy life . . . until now. Willow's world is tragically changed when her parents both die in a car crash. This extraordinarily odd, but extraordinarily endearing, girl manages her grief. Her search for a fascinatingly diverse family is a joy.
- Diamond of Darkhold: Lina and Doon return to Ember to seek the machine an ancient book seems to describe in hopes that it will get their new community, Sparks, through the winter.
- Ember series—Jeanne DuPrau.
- City of Ember: In the year 241, Lina trades jobs on Assignment Day to be a Messenger. For as long as anyone can remember the lights have kept darkness at bay, but now the lights are flickering. Doon wants to be underground., he has ideas to fix it.
- People of Sparks: Lina & Doon lead their people from the underground to a city of color and life.
- Prophet of Yonwood: Nickie learns to identify both good and evil when she witnesses the townspeople's reactions to the apocalyptic visions
- Flora & Ulysses: the illuminated adventures—Kate DiCamillo Rescuing a squirrel after an accident involving a vacuum cleaner, comic-reading cynic Flora Belle Buckman is astonished when the squirrel, Ulysses, demonstrates astonishing powers of strength and flight after being revived.
- Fortunately, the Milk—Neil Gaiman. While picking up milk for his children’s cereal, a father is abducted by aliens and finds himself on a wild adventure through time and space.
- Jessica Darling’s IT List: THE (totally not) guaranteed guide to popularity, prettiness and perfection—Megan McCafferty. When Jessica tries to follow her sister’s list, everything goes wrong.
- Navigating Early-Clare Vanderpool 2 boys & their incredible adventure on the Appalachian Trail where they deal with pirates, buried secrets, and extraordinary encounters.
- Remarkable—Lizzie Foley. Jane is the only student average enough to be excluded from the town’s School for the Remarkably Gifted. The trouble-making Grimlet twins lead her on a series of adventures involving an out-of-control science fair project and a bell tower that endangers a skittish lake monster named Lucky.
- Rooftoppers—Katherine Rundell. Charlie and Sophie flee to Paris to search for her lost mother when authorities threatened to remove her to an orphanage. They are helped by the ‘rooftoppers’.
- Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: time travel with exceptional Americans—Rush Limbaugh Substitute middle-school teacher Rush Revere takes his students back in time to experience American history as it happens aboard the Mayflower and on Plymouth Plantation.
- Secret Language of Girls Trilogy—Francis Dowell. Marylin and Kate have been friends since nursery school, but when Marylin becomes a cheerleader and Kate develops other interests, their relationship is put to the test.
- Secret Language of Girls
- 2.Kind of Friends We Used To Be
- Sound of Your Voice
- Summer Of Sundays—Lindsay Eland. Lost in the shuffle of her large family, Sunday Fowler decides that this summer she'll make sure she stands out, and a discovery in the library basement may help.
- Sure Signs of Crazy-Karen Harrington. You've never met anyone exactly like Sarah. She collects trouble words in her diary. Her best friend is a plant. And she's never known her mother, who left when Sarah was two. Everything changes when Sarah investigated her family's Big Secret. She makes new friends and has her first real crush.
- Tangle of Knots—Lisa GraffDestiny leads Cady to a peanut butter factory, a family of children searching for their own Talents, and a Talent Thief who will alter her life forever.
- Treasure Hunters: an illustrated story—James Patterson. Treasure hunting is AWESOME! But only if Bick, Beck, Tommy and Storm can find a shipwreck full of gold, long lost artifacts, world famous paintings and their missing parents—immediately, if not sooner.
- Unwanteds series—Lisa McMann
1. Island of Silence: As the Wanteds, Unwanteds, and Necessaries struggle to adjust to changes in their society, Mr. Today begins training Alex to replace him as Artime's leader while Alex's twin, Aaron, connives to take over Quill.
2. Island of Fire: The magical world of Artimé is gone and the Unwanteds are looking to Alex but while his twin brother continues to build his army in Quill, a very dangerous enemy is revealed.