How To View SDL's Local History and Genealogy Documents Online
The following documents from SDL's genealogy and local history collections have been digitized and may now be viewed online in searchable PDF format.
- The Bark Shanty Times
- Port Sanilac Cemetery Records
- Port Sanilac Light Journal
- Shingle Shavers & Berry Pickers by Oliver Raymond
- The St. John Lutheran Church: baptism, birth, death and marriage records
Mike Soflin of Sanilac Computer Products developed DigitalTotes to provide a vehicle for libraries to make local history information available to the public over the internet.
View Documents From Other Libraries
SDL’s membership in DigialTotes allows visitors to SDL’s website the ability to access documents from other libraries. Documents are still being digitized and the collection is continuing to grow.
DigitalTotes Member Libraries
- Aitkin Memorial District Library - Croswell
- Allegan District Library
- Bad Axe District Library
- Bay County Library System
- Benzie Shores District Library
- Camden Township Library
- Caro Area District Library
- Coopersville Area District Library
- Frankenmuth Wickson District Library
- Gary Byker Memorial Library - Hudsonville
- Grand Ledge Area District Library
- Harbor Beach Area District Library
- Marlette District Library
- Moore Public Library
- Niles District Library
- ·North Branch Township Library
- Polish Mission of the Orchard Lakes Schools
- Port Austin Township Library
- River Rapids District Library
- Sandusky District Library
- Sanilac District Library - Port Sanilac
How to use Digital Totes
Click on the local history icon on SDL’s homepage or click here
Click on the + to see a list of documents or chapters and pages within a document.
Click on a title and the information will appear on the right side of the screen.
All documents are searchable, making it easy to look for a name, specific words or phrases.
Titles and page numbers will appear on the right side of the screen. Click on the document you wish to view.